Whether you have to ship temperature sensitive medical samples, time sensitive documents, or mission critical parts, the need is the same: the delivery must be done fast and it must be done right. You can’t risk something going wrong.
The way to head off mistakes is to carefully plan the logistics of your expedited freight. By thinking through every detail and taking the steps below, you’ll have peace of mind about your important delivery.
Plan Ahead As Much As Possible
Before you have a need for expedited freight, take time now to figure out what you will do if you need something shipped fast. When the pressure is off, you’ll have time to gather recommendations, ask questions, and get to know a potential provider so that making a decision on the fly is much simpler and less risky for you, your goods, and the receiver of the shipment.
If you know what kind of items you’ll need to move, you can narrow down your choices for finding the best carrier. Look for a provider with:
- Experience carrying your type of cargo.
- Services available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Cargo policy insurance and Transportation Security Administration (TSA) certified drivers.
- Necessary equipment like skids, pallet jacks, tarps, and shipping pads.
All of these criteria are signs of a quality delivery company that will be able to meet a wide variety of shipping needs you might have now and in the future.
Work Closely with Your Carrier
A quality carrier will work with you to understand and establish the details of your delivery. When you’re communicating with your provider make sure to:
- Explain your level of urgency. Not all expedited freight is critical, so if it is, make that clear.
- Give extra attention to accurately and completely communicating cargo vitals. Be specific about dimensions, weight, temperature requirements, etc.
- Explain the time and place needed for pickup and delivery along with any other important details surrounding this.
Making sure that your logistics go off without a hitch ultimately comes down to partnering with the right company for your needs and making those needs fully known. These tips show how to do that as easily and efficiently as possible so that your delivery also moves as easily and efficiently as possible.