Insurance Rules and Exclusions
These rules apply to all cargo regardless of what it is:
- We will not be covered if we try to misrepresent, conceal or hide facts related to damage.
- There must be a written contract to store or transport property.
- Does not cover owner-operators hired by us, or runs subbed out to other courier companies.
- Does not cover damage caused by being late.
- Does not cover calibration of electronics.
- Does not cover war or nukes.
- Does not cover work done for banks or financial institutions.
- Covered items cannot be warehoused anywhere for more than 72 hours while in transit.
- Does not cover narcotics.
- Does not cover theft from unlocked vehicles over $1,000 for general freight. There must be signs of forcible entry.
- Does not cover theft from unlocked vehicles over $2,500 for general pharmaceuticals or electronics. There must be signs of forcible entry.
- Does not cover loss of data.
- The policy covers actual replacement cost of damaged items. Nothing more.
Key points here are that our insurance does not apply to companies that we sub work out to. If the cargo is valuable do not sub the run out. We can’t cover items that we store for more than 3 days in our warehouse under our cargo insurance; don’t agree to do that. Drivers must lock their cars. If we agree to move a computer, the customer must know that we are not responsible for damage or loss of data. If we are responsible for damage or loss, we only pay for the replacement, we do not pay for loss of profit or pain and suffering or anything else.
Our cargo insurance does not cover at all:
- Precious metals
- Mechanical drawings
- Furs or garments trimmed with fur
- Fine arts
- Food stamps.